Sunday, July 15, 2012

Oh Say Can You See

I felt extremely blessed this year on the 4th!  I live in a great country, it might be struggling right now with some heavy issues, but it is such a blessing to live here and be free!!  I live in an amazing place that is so beautiful.  We did our usual 4th of July routine - the Palmer family for the Brighton breakfast (which this year was an hour later - do I hear a "woot woot"?), then the parade, which my kids just LOVE- which I am sure has nothing to do with the CASES of taffy they are given to throw!!  Of course Zach rode his bike, this time adding Emigration canyon on at the beginning to make it a bit more challenging (thats what I would have done too, of course, but I had to drive the kids).  Then we visited at the Palmer cabin up Guardsman.  Grandpa Palmer is trying to sell it, so we don't know if it will be around next year or not!  Then we made the trek over Guardsman pass, which is always amazing, and headed up to the Locke Cabin.  We had such a great time there and out on the beautiful lake with my family, even Nate, Abby, and Daniel were there!  This definitely beats a crowded park watching fireworks!  My kids don't know how lucky they are!
























Taffy anyone??































No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments/critiques here! (really!)